In the United States, cardiovascular disease — including heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure — is responsible for one out of every three deaths. It is the number one killer of American women and men, and it is a leading cause of serious illness and disability.
I don’t know about you but I am a major snacker! I could sit and eat a whole bag of tortilla chips with some salsa. Snacking is the hardest part of my diet to keep in check. Junk food always seems so much more convenient and tasty. But I’ve made a goal to change up my snack habits so today I’m sharing delicious and nutritious snacks under 200 calories.
My goal with this list was to find things that are easy and convenient while also being totally satisfying and filling. You won’t find any 100 calorie packs of Oreos on this list, because let’s be honest, who in the world is full after 5 mini Oreos anyway? 😉
10 Healthy Snacks Under 200 Calories
1. 1 apple with 1 tablespoon almond butter – 170 calories
2. 1/2 cup blueberries mixed with 1/2 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt and 1/2 cup granola – 200 calories
3. 1 banana spread with 1 tablespoon almond butter and a sprinkled with 1/2 a tablespoon of granola – 200 calories
4. 3 cups air-popped popcorn and an apple – 170 calories
5. 1 small avocado sprinkled with salt and pepper and topped with a spoonful of salsa – 140 calories
6. 1 baked sweet potato with 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese and sprinkled with cinnamon – 130 calories
7. 1 cup cubed watermelon topped with 1/4 cup feta cheese and 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill – 150 calories
8. 1 cup jicama spears with 1/4 cup guacamole for dipping – 170 calories
9. Lettuce wraps made with 2 pieces of ice burg lettuce, 2 oz deli turkey meat, 1 tablespoon mayonnaise and 2 teaspoons dijon mustard – 160 calories
10. 1 cup freeze dried fruit (apples, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries etc) – between 60 and 100 calories