Looking for good flat stomach workout that you can do at home? We’ve picked 12 great ab exercises you can do in your very own home!
For your health’s sake, you want your waist size to be less than 35 inches if you’re a woman and less than 40 inches if you’re a man. An easy way to evaluate your stomach is by getting a measuring tape, wrap it around your waist at your belly button, and check your girth. Do it while you’re standing up, and make sure the tape measure is level.
Having a “pear shape” — bigger hips and thighs — is considered safer than an “apple shape,” which describes a wider waistline.
If you are a beginner, complete the recommended sets and repetitions, taking a 60 to 90-second break between exercises. Perform the workout 2 to 3 times per week.
If you are more advanced, increase the sets to 4 to 6, keeping the repetitions the same. For an added challenge and an intense caloric burn, complete the workout as a circuit performing each exercise one after another with no break until the entire circuit is complete. Take a break between 1 to 3 minutes then begin the next set.
Follow each workout with the included Post-Workout Stretches to kick start recovery, maximize results and help prevent injury.
Here are the 12 Flat Stomach Workout:
1. Burpees / Squat Thrust – 3 sets 10 reps
2. Crunches – 3 sets 15 reps.
3. Hindu / Judo Push-up / Dive Bombers – 3 sets 12 reps
4. Mountain Climbers / Alternating Knee-ins – 3 sets 15 reps
5. Jump Squat – 3 sets 15 reps
6. Lying Leg Raise / Lift – 3 sets 15 reps
7. Windshield Wipers – 3 sets 15 reps
8. Superman / Extended Arms & Legs Lift – 3 sets 15 reps
9. Leg Pull-In Knee-up – 3 sets 15 reps
10. Side Plank – 3 sets 30 reps
11. Inchworm / Walk Out – 3 sets 15 reps
12. Plank – 3 sets 30 reps